IBEW/NECA Electrical Apprenticeship Application and Entrance Requirements
The Oak Ridge Electrical JATC is a local apprenticeship program dedicated to training the most highly skilled and qualified workforce in our industry. The Oak Ridge Electrical JATC is jointly sponsored by International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local Union 270 and the East Tennessee Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA).
PO Box 6288
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
Contact for Questions or Interest in Electrical Apprenticeship
All individuals are encouraged to visit the program’s website for information regarding minimum qualifications and for scheduling appointments for orientation and application sessions. Applications are accepted on an as needed basis with opportunity for potential applicants to select one of twelve dates to register for an orientation/application session. The website will indicate if and when the program will be accepting applications well in advance of the start dates. Those potential applicants should visit the website periodically to know when the dates are available. Dates for making application are posted well in advance of the first of twelve consecutive dates to select from.
OAK RIDGE ELECTRICAL JATC
Daniel Smith – Training Director
138 North Lincoln Circle
P.O. Box 4968
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-4968
Phone: (865) 483-9955
To qualify for interview and ranking on the eligibility list one must:
1. Be a high school graduate or have a GED. (using a GED, one must provide scores)
2. Have one full credit in Algebra.
3. Be physically able to perform the work of the trade. (see website)
4. Obtain a minimum score on a reading and math aptitude test.
5. Provide copies of all transcripts and a DD214 if a Veteran.
6. Provide a complete resume of work history.
7. Be a minimum 18 years of age.